Davide L Rizzo User Experience and Front-end Designer
I am a Melbourne-based User Experience and Front-End Designer with more than ten years experience across various industries. I am passionate about simplifying complexity and creating interfaces that excel for the user, owner and those maintaining it. I am always keen to push technology to its limits where it can enhance the user experience.
Senior UX Designer – Suncorp Group 2012 to current
- Pioneer and creator of the Suncorp Web Styleguide - a living multi-brand front-end framework. This supported Suncorp in implementing Australia’s first responsive insurance quote flow and permits scaling of application design never before possible.
- Sole specialist in component based and responsive design, HTML prototyping, progressive enhancement, icon curation, font-end mult-brand architecture and design for reusable patterns.
- Design, development, information architecture, user testing and UX research for the Suncorp Insurance brands: AAMI, GIO, Suncorp, Bingle, IMR, Just Car, Terry Sheer, Apia quote flow applications for home, car and motorcycle insurance.
Internet Team Leader – The Just Group 2006 to 2012
- 2006 to 2012 Manager of The Just Group Web Design team responsible for website maintenance and EDM campaign to hundreds of thousands of customers each week across 7 brands.
- Implemented front-end integration for company-wide rollout of WebSphere Commerce, including site wide prototypes and dynamic marketing - Jay Jays and Dotti (in 2010), Portmans and Jacqui E (in 2011), Smiggle Peter and Alexander (in 2012).
- Primary interface designer and front end developer for The Just Group websites, with builds including Just Jeans (2006 and again in 2009), Dotti (2007), Jacqui E (2007), The Just Group (2007), Smiggle (2008) and Peter Alexander (2008 to 2009).
- Overhaul of The Just Group eCommerce platform front-end on the Interworld platform. Comprehensive work on customer registration, online product catalogues and checkout systems.
- Animation and game design. Pioneered technique for Progressive Enhanced Flash site for Dotti.
- Management, mentoring and training of junior and senior web designers. Project and team time management under continual heavy deadlines.
Lead Web Designer – ANZ Bank (anz.com) 2004 to 2005
- Full responsibility for ANZ website graphics (anz.com), including homepage, promotions, banners, landing pages, animations and games.
- Management of design standards for anz.com, including the creation of an online Web Styleguide.
- Management and mentoring of web designers located in India.
Usability and Graphic Designer – ANZ Bank 2002 to 2004
- Graphic design for ANZ Internet and Intranet including ANZ Private, ANZ Pacific and ANZ Royal Cambodia websites. Construction of interactive animated promotions for anz.com and Esanda finance.
- Construction of Flash applications and Screensavers, Product demos, CD ROM applications and ATM screens.
- Involvement with Intranet strategy groups for the construction of best practice Intranet sites and overall Intranet design guidelines and policy.
Publishing administrator – INT Press educational bookshop 1996 – 2000
- Desktop publishing (printed educational books), mail order and invoicing with MYOB.
- Site design and development for the Da Vinci Machines and Ancient Rome exhibitions. A dedicated responsive website for prospective patrons wanting information on exhibitions around Australia. (2008, 2009, 2011)
- Abstract Creative full development of a fluid, progressive enhanced and content managed website in Flash. (2006)
- Shantaram website design and development, to support stories and essays from the author of the best selling Australian novel. (2004)
Languages & Tools
(Design and Development)
Bachelor of Computer Science Melbourne University 1999 – 2003
- Study areas included: Programming, Software lifecycle and development, Artificial Intelligence, Database management, Usability, Interface Design, Classics, History, Photography.
Victorian Certificate of Education Strathmore Secondary College Completed 1998
- TER Score of 92.5, received straight A+ in Mathematical Methods, Information Process and Management, and Information Systems.
- Graphics Common Assessment Task (CAT) was nominated for entry in Scienceworks Top CATs exhibition.
- 2014: 1st CSS & JS Conference Melbourne
- 2013: UX Australia conference + workshops, Melbourne
- 2009: eCommerce & Marketing conference, Sydney
- 2008: WACAG 2.0 Accessibility standards seminar
- 2006: Vision Australia, Web Accessibility Training
- 2006: Max Design, Advanced CSS Programming course
- 2005: Semi-Permanent Design conference, Sydney
- 2004: Macromedia certified course, Advanced application development
- 2002: ANZ Breakout performance and culture 2 day workshop